Before your visit:
Now that you are scheduled to see one of our doctors here are some things you should do to prepare for your visit.
For root canal therapy:
1. Bring a list of all medications you are taking.
2. Eat breakfast or lunch to ensure that your blood glucose level remains stable
3. Take all medications prescribed by your doctor.
4. Do not take pain relievers on the day of your visit such as advil, aspirin or Tylenol because they mask your pain and may interfere with proper diagnosis.
5. If you require prophylactic antibiotics before dental visits for a prosthetic heart valve or orthopedic prosthesis (artificial hip, knee, elbow, etc.), please call our office for instructions
6. If you have had surgery within the last 6 months, please let us know in advance.
7. If you are pregnant or nursing please let us know in advance
8. All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied on each visit by their parent or legal guardian
For surgery, Botox, and Dermal Fillers:
1. Follow the instructions 1-8 above
2. If you have a special event or vacation coming up schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
3. Let us know if you are prone to cold sores. Pre-operative medication may help prevent cold sores after treatment.
4. If you develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash etc. prior to your appointment, you must reschedule
5. If you are taking Aspirin recommended by your doctor, do not discontinue. Otherwise we recommend avoiding Aspirin, Motrin, Ginko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes 3 –7 days before and after treatment.